Friday, January 05, 2007

TRISTRAM SHANDY: A COCK AND BULL STORY


Tristam Shandy was genius...Steve Coogan? Genius. Rob Bryton? Mega Genius...Soooo Post Modern (that one's for you Dad!)...

Hilarious...

I must admit I got a widdle bit uncomfortable to begin with cause...well...the actors play male actors so well! And...well...I have been known to be a bit dramatic in my time or least have had to deal with some unresonable egos or have asked people to deal with my unreasonable ego before! So its cringe worthy in that sense. BUT in that regard this is film performance at an amazing and dizzingly height! For instance, Steve Coogan plays the 'actor' Steve Coogan who is playing Tristam Shandy . Now that doesn't sound too hard...but...its done with some much delicacy, subtlty and hilarity that every comment, moment and movement is completely right for the film.

AND. A-N-D Dylan Moran is in this film...can it get any more divine!?

No. I don't think so is the answer to that question.

The story is based around the film crew and actors who are making Tristam Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story. So the narrative jumps between actual film of Tristam Shandy and a sort of mockumentary about the making of the film...everyone is perfectly cast and the absurdity of film making is really brought to the fore with such grace!

There were no inappropriate falling alseep although my laugh for some reason seemed to be the only one in the cinema...it wasn't there was just a Barbara Strisand joke that brought my house down.

My ratings: Five Vinos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home