Thursday, January 04, 2007

DRAWING RESTRAINT #9


So everyone is pretty gald they missed the 2 and half hour EPIC that was Drawing Restraint 9....It was too long. What I like about seeing films that are 'art' (not art house thats something different again) is that they make absolutely everything look good. Every piece of furniture or costume or (dare I say) mise en scene has been thought about, placed and composed with presision and accuracy. But it was too long....it was set in Japan so everything was 'ritualistic', similar to a tea ceremony...all of which took a long time. And the costumes (the retarded bear type scenarios) looked ridiculous most of the time except for the scene they designed for. Bjork (I thought because I dont find her annoying) was goregous but I don't think Barney should be an actor...and it was so serious... all the time! I was trying to remember Daniel Kitson's words that being pretentious and taking stuff seriously isn't a bad thing. Its not a the bad thing that people (esp Australians) seem to make it out to be....but...you know...come on! You are walking on boney type wooden thongs and you have stumbled a couple of times, thats funny...obvisously I was the only one who thought so in the theatre! Laughing inappropriately seems to be my schtick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home