Thursday, January 04, 2007

BALLET RUSSES


Yes! I am late. Got drunk on Wednesday night and slept in... whatever. I now have a degree...so I can sleep til noon and learn to play the sitar because I am now...officially...a creative artist.

SARAH'S DAD: So...what exactly are you going to do Sarah?

SARAH: Um...ah...Create Art?

SARAH'S DAD: I mean for money darl?

slight pause.

SARAH: Not exactly sure yet Dad.

SARAH'S DAD: Ok darl. Let me know when you do.

SARAH: Thanks Dad.

Anyway!

Whell! Ballet Russes! not a film I would recommend. Now don't get me wrong, I loved the film. But I love nature documentaries as well and I love hearing old people talk about when they were young and beautiful. I love seeing 83 year old eccentric creative types flopping their wide girth's around the rehearsal room and I love it when they forget to flounce properly and I love when they are asked why they keep dancing they reply they couldn't do anything else. I also love ballet (but have alas never been to the ballet)

SARAH'S MUM: Don't lie, hon. I took you to see Sleeping Beauty.

SARAH: Mum, I was 6 months old.

SARAH'S MUM: Yes. And you enjoyed every minute of it. Didn't cry once. That's probably where your love of dance came from.

SARAH: Yeah probably.

I have never been to the ballet live and YES that is a hint to anyone hocking ballet tickets...not sure who would 'hock' tickets to the ballet but that's not something I can judge. Anyway my review, as warped and strange and late as it is, is if you're like me you'll probably dig it but if you have any sense of what's cool and hip you probably won't.

SARAH'S MUM: I know what's cool and hip dude and it sounds like I would like the film.

SARAH: yes mum you are very cool and hip. You are the exception.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home